Attend the City Council meetings
The first and thirdMonday of each month @ 7PM
IN THE NEWS
Serving as Council Liaison to the Economic Development Advisory Board (EDAB), and as a member of the Planning Committee and Admin Committee:
- The City has seen a net gain of 27 businesses, and 14 business expansions
- EDAB will be focused on encouraging new enterprise related to APG expansions, and making recommendations for current property redevelopment. Working closely with EDAB, and the Director of Planning, I intend to continue ensuring City zoning laws and financial incentives meet the needs of prospective and existing businesses.
Serving as Chair of the budget and Finance Committee, and liaison to the Water & Sewer Commission:
- The City has experienced its first enterprise fund surplus in nearly a decade.
- Tax rate has remained stagnant over the last two years, as the tax base has expanded. This means the City is able to accomplish more with less, and is operating efficiently.
- The City's ability to annex for new development is limited, therefore the City's ability to service the debt in Fund 9 and pay for capital projects is limited. The Water & Sewer Commission is working diligently to continue developing a plan for the future of our City.
Serving as Liaison to the Youth Commission:
- I responded to constituent concerns for the youth of Havre de Grace by creating the first-ever Havre de Grace Youth Commission.
- The Commission, comprised of teenage members as well as adult mentor-members, seeks to give young people in Havre de Grace a voice in their government, and the ability to institute the types of event and activities they would like to see.
- The Youth Commission has been working with City entities, community organizations, and local nonprofits. So far, the Commission has helped institute Teen Nights at local businesses, encourage youth involvement in City-wide events, and the upcoming 'Gravity' youth festival on June 22nd.
My 3 Terms on Havre de Grace City Council: